Mangahigh Maths Practice at Home
Mangahigh is a game-based learning platform for primary and secondary school mathematics. It uses the principles of growth-mindset and play to improve confidence and achievement. Our school purchased an annual subscription and we recommend that you use it while the schools are closed.
How does it work?
Encourage your child to login daily. They will then be able to choose an assignment
• Click the Browse all Activities
• Choose class level
• Choose an assignment
Mangahigh strongly recommends that your child play each activity three times. They will be asked increasingly difficult questions each time they play.
We have noticed that a small number of the activities recommended for class levels are very difficult. If your child is struggling to answer the easy and medium questions in an assignment, then this may well be the case. Encourage your child to move on to a new assignment It may be that your child has not yet covered the content of this assignment in school.
We would be delighted if your child completed 3-4 assignments a week. They are welcome to try more.
What can I do if my child has forgotten their login details?
Please email your class teacher and they will send it to you
What is an Achievement?
A Bronze medal demonstrates a basic understanding of the key teaching objectives of the challenge. . A Silver or Gold medal demonstrates a secure and exceptional understanding of the teaching objective. Please celebrate all medals. In many of the activities a gold medal will only be achievable for children who are exceptionally gifted at maths.
Mangahigh Monthly Challenge
Each month our school participates in a monthly challenge against other schools from the UK and Ireland. Please encourage your child to view these scores when they login so that they can partake in the excitement.
Divine Word NS Board of Management Meeting
|Venue||Divine Word NS|
|Present||Daire Keogh, John Williams, Fr. Jim Mulherin, Mary O’Sullivan, David Gildea, Leisel Kealy, Clare-Marie Murphy
|Opening Prayer – Lenten Prayer|
|Child Protection||Principals Oversight Report|
|Principal’s Report||· Grandparent’s day a great success. Thanks to Fr Jim for celebrating mass which was well attended and thanks to PA for providing refreshments.
· Primary Language in-service day to be held on March 27th– school closure.
· Irish curriculum inspection report on www.education.ie and to be posted on our website.
· Pilot School Inclusion Model- SNA frontloading discussed.
· In school management meeting on 26/2 and staff meeting to be held on 02/03
· Infant parent teacher meetings completed
· Marley’s Got Talent was a great success. Thanks to teachers for organising.
· Children from 3rd-6th taking part in Irish dancing workshops this week in preparation for Seachtain na Gaeilge.
· Junior infant registrations held on 17/2 and 18/2
· Barnardos Workshops held for 5th and 6th class on bullying. Parent’s workshop held on 18/2. Only 9 parents attended.
· U13 Credit Union Quiz team into next round having won round one.
U11 team did very well and we are proud of them also.
|Policies and Circulars||· New Admissions template from DES discussed
· Circular 0008/20 Postgraduate in Special Education
· Circular 0009/20 Graduate Diploma in Autism
|Finance||Banking system explained to BOM
Voluntary Sub letter to be sent to parents
BOM approved accounts to be sent to FSSU by school accountant.
- Please reclaim before midterm.
- Bags of parts of uniforms and tracksuits here also.